Hi there. You've most likely landed on this page because we've sent you a proposal. We're interested in working with you and you're interested in working with us and we've compiled info here on what that looks like. We know that deciding to invest in our services may be a big decision and we want to make sure that you have all the info you need to feel confident and protected in doing so. Below, you will find a sample project timeline, sample contracts and a preview of our client portal system. As always, if you ever have any questions that we don't answer here please feel free to shoot the team an email!
Sample Project Timeline
- Initial Conversation - This is where we learn about the overall scope of the project.
- Proposal - If we think we're a good fit, we'll send a proposal based on the scope of work discussed.
- Deposit - After you accept the proposal, we'll send an invoice and require an initial deposit to secure a spot in our schedule. Depending on the scope of work and length of the project, this will be 25%-50% of the total project cost. Projects can't get started until we have received your deposit.
- Contract - We'll send a contract that protects both parties and we'll both sign it. A copy will be placed in your client portal for future reference. Projects can't get started until we have this on file.
- Project Management - Once all the business details are taken care of, we can really get to work! We may need to have another meeting right away to help us make sure we have all the details we need or our team may be ready to just jump right in. Once things are under way, we'll regularly keep you informed of our progress using either emailed weekly reports or by posting to your client portal.
- Homework - You're the expert in your business/industry so there are some things that only you will know. We may send you questionnaires to get more details or ask for files or content that you will need to upload to your client portal. We'll need you to be responsive to any requests to help us keep things moving forward.
- Revision Rounds - For most projects, we'll ask for your feedback at several intervals along the way to make sure we're on the right track. This is your opportunity to be involved in the process and most of our projects include three rounds of revisions. If we send you the first preview opportunity and you provide your feedback - that is Round 1. To help keep us all sane, we ask that all of your revision requests be included in one document at one time.
- Final Payment - At the conclusion of our work, you'll be invoiced for any remaining balance due for the project. Once your final payment is received, we prepare final files to send for download and/or transfer site ownership to you.
- Client Offboarding - For branding projects, we'll share your final files with you via Dropbox and you'll be asked to save them to your own computer or cloud storage service. For web projects, we'll transfer site ownership over to you and send a PDF on how to use Squarespace. If you've opted for any additional training, we'll get that session scheduled. Many clients leave us on their site as admins so that we can make updates in the future but you can kick us off at this point if you're ready to fly solo.
- Celebrate - You now have a new brand or website to show off! (We'll probably also post about you on Instagram because we love our clients like that.)
At the start of your brand or web design project, you will be invited to a private account portal where you can view emails, forms, contracts, invoices, project details, and general account info. We like having everything organized all in one place and think you will too!